FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Cool off with watermelon ice
1 3-lb. piece of watermelon cut in 1-inch cubes (that’s about 5 cups of watermelon)
¼ cup of sugar
½ cup of frozen lemonade concentrate, defrosted
1. Pick the seeds out of the watermelon cubes and put the cubes into a blender. Add the sugar and lemonade concentrate. You should spoon in the concentrate straight from the can instead of adding water to make the lemonade as directed.
2. Blend until smooth. If the watermelon gets jammed, shut off the machine and use a spoon to loosen it.
3. Pour into an 8- or 9-inch square baking pan. Make room in the freezer so it won’t spill, and carefully place the pan on a flat surface. Freeze for one hour.
4. Remove the pan and stir the ice with a whisk. Place it back in the freezer for another hour. Remove and whisk. Put in freezer for another hour or so, then remove and whisk it again. If it’s still mushy, freeze longer.
5. You can use a melon baller to scoop little spheres of watermelon ice for your friends, or pour it into pretty glasses and eat away. Yum!