FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Easy lemon crumble bars
This recipe is so fresh for spring! These refreshingly tangy lemony bars will impress your family and friends—and they won’t even know how ridiculously easy it was. Plus, they’re bright and yellow like gorgeous sunshine—which is so (hello!) right now.
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature (make sure you use real butter, margarine may not work)
1 can lemon pie filling
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2. Spray 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Mix the dry cake mix and the butter in a large bowl until it’s crumbly. Don’t worry if it looks really dry, it’s supposed to be that way. Don’t add anything extra!
4. Set aside ½ cup of this mixture.
5. Take the rest of the crust mixture and press it into a 9x13 baking dish, making sure to spread it out evenly. It’s easiest to just pack it down in there with your hands.
6. Next, spoon out the lemon pie filling into the crust, and spread it as evenly as possible.
7. Sprinkle the half cup of crumble mixture you set aside earlier over the pie filling, making sure it covers the surface evenly.
8. Bake at 350F for about 20-25 minutes, until the crumble on top starts to turn a very light golden brown. Make sure to store it in the fridge. Enjoy!
Love this post? You’ll heart these too…
MAJOR PLUS! GL is now on Google+