FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Stuffed acorn squash with goat cheese and cranberries
1 large acorn squash
1 tbsp olive oil
Sea salt & pepper to taste
1 cup Alter Eco Royal Red Quinoa
Veggie stock for quinoa
2 shallots, chopped fine
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 cups chopped red and yellow peppers
1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
3/4 cup toasted pecans
Sage, to taste
Cayenne, to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut the acorn squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Brush the inside with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in a lightly oiled baking dish and put in the oven.
3. To prepare the stuffing, start by cooking the quinoa according to package instructions. In a large pan over medium heat, saute the shallots, garlic and peppers in olive oil. Cook until the onions are translucent and all the ingredients are starting to brown up a bit.
4. Add the cooked quinoa to the shallot mixture in the pan and mix thoroughly. Remove from heat and place in a large bowl. Stir in the cranberries, basil and pecans. Add a sprinkling of sage and cayenne, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add a squirt of lemon juice.
5. After roasting for 45 minutes, remove the squash from the oven and spoon in the stuffing. Return to oven and cook for another 15 minutes.
6. When the squash is very soft when pierced with a fork and starts to turn a little golden brown around the edges, remove from the oven. Sprinkle goat cheese on top and serve.
Before ya cook, watch Alter Eco's how-to vid, below...
Love this post? You’ll heart these too…
INSTA-LOVE! Everything you heart about GL is now on Instagram!