FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Homemade s'more bars - uh, yum!
There are certain things that every campfire must have: fab friends, spooky stories and ooey-gooey s’mores. For a new and improved take on the classic treat, make these ah-mazing s’more inspired Campfire Bars from Sweetened With Honey for your next birthday bash or sleepover – no campfire required.
Step 1: The Crackers
Ingredients (for about 25):
1. Get a bowl and sift both flours, the salt and the cinnamon together.
2. Mix the butter, brown sugar and honey in a bowl. Beat with a mixing paddle until fluffy.
3. Once your mixtures are plenty mixed up and the butter mix is nice and gooey, add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, beating until they are all mixed together. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before rolling.
4. Preheat oven to 350º F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. Unwrap the dough and place it between two sheets of parchment paper. Roll out the dough (while it's wrapped in the parchment sheets!) until it's abou 1/4 of an inch thick. Use a cookie cutterand cut out the shapes of your graham crackers.
6. Place your cut outs on the cookie sheet about 1/2 an inch apart. Bake until golden brown!
Step 2: The Marshmallow Fluff
1. Put the egg whites, corn syrup and salt in to a bowl and then whisk for about 5 minutes, or until the mixture is thick and gooey.
2. Slowly add the powdered sugar and mix until it is well blended, then do the same with the vanilla extract.
3. Immediately refrigerate it in a covered container until it's nice and cold and fluffy.
Step 3: Make your s'more bars!
Already made graham crackers
Already made marshmallow fluff
3 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips, for dipping
1. On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, place half of one of your graham crackers. Pipe (with a piping bag or a ziplock bag) marshmallow fuff on to the graham cracker and then place another graham cracker piece on top. Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes to make sure they're nice and hard.
2. Using a microwave, melt the chocolate chips until they're nice and melty, then let them cool a li'l.
3. Take a couple of the cookies out of the freezer at a time to dip in the chocolate, before immediately placing them back in the freezer. Dip all the bars and freeze until the chocolate hardens!
4. Take them out and devour them with your friends! Any left overs can be kept in the fridge for up to two weeks.