Cheesecake Factory cheesecake
Show off your baking skills with a drool-worthy dessert.
What you’ll need:
For the crust:
- ½ cup finely ground almonds
- ½ cup finely ground vanilla wafers
- ½ cup ground graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
For the filling:
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 16 ounces sour cream
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
What you’ll do:
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9-inch pan with cooking spray.
2. To make the crust, mix the nuts, graham crackers, vanilla wafers, and melted butter in a bowl. Pat the mixture into the pan. Make sure to press firmly into bottom and about an inch and a half up the sides of the pan.
3. For the filing, use a mixer to beat the cream cheese on low until it is light and fluffy. Add the sugar in little by little and then beat the mixture until it is creamy. Next, add the eggs one at a time and mix well after each egg. Then add the flour, vanilla, and lemon juice and then mix. Finally, pour in the sour cream and mix well. To get air bubbles out of the mix, tap the bowl against the counter.
4. Pour the filling into the pan, making sure the mixture is evenly distributed. Cook in the oven for an hour and 30 minutes or until the cake is firm.
5. Turn off the heat and leave the cake in the oven with the door propped open for an hour.
6. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool on the counter before chilling in the fridge for at least 12 hours.
7. Serve plain or add some fresh strawberries for a sweet topping.
Recipe and photo courtesy of popsugar.com