FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Feel the springtime vibes with this lovely lavender lemonade
Though it might still be frigid in some parts of the US, we still high time that to swap out hot cocoa for pretty pastel sips. Like this lavender lemonade that's as Insta-worthy as it is delicious and refreshing. Even if it's not quite sundress weather yet, this recipe is perfect to put you in sunny, spring spirits.
For the lavender mixture...
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 Tbsp dried lavender
For the lemonade...
- 2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups water
- 1 lemon, sliced
1. Bring the sugar and two cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring constantly so the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in honey and lavender.
2. Cover and let steep for about 15 minutes before straining out the lavender.
3. Combine lavender mixture, four cups of water and lemon juice in a large pitcher. For the pretty purple color, add a drop of red food coloring and a drop of blue.
4. Let chill in the refrigerator, then serve over ice with a lemon slice.
What's your favorite kind of lemonade? Let us know in the comments!
Recipe credit: Eat Yourself Skinny.