MAKE IT CUTE
Count down to 2018 with this gorg cake
10, 9, 8, 7...it's almost time to ring in the new year. But the countdown doesn't have to start when the ball drops. You can channel all the NYE vibes (and impress your friends at *any* party) with this cute cake.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup heavy cream or milk
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 6 Tbsp ginger ale
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream the butter and sugar together.
2. Add in eggs, one at a time. Then, beat in the flour and heavy cream until combined (don't over mix!).
3. Pour batter into greased cake pans and bake 45-60 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean). Let cool completely.
4. For the icing, beat the butter, gradually adding in powdered sugar and ginger ale (alternate between the two ingredients). Frost the cake.
5. Use decorative icing (buy it at the store) to put on the numbers and hands of your clock.
What's your favorite New Year's treat? Tell us below!