FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Spruced Up Salsa!
It’s always nice to have salsa around the house. All you need to do is open a jar and it’s like an instant party! But did you know you can personalize your fiesta with a little homemade salsa?
If you’re feeling adventurous, try the mango salsa too! It goes great with fish, especially shrimp tacos and quesadillas.
28 oz whole tomatoes canned (preferably fire roasted)
7oz can of chilies
1 clove garlic
2 green onions chopped (about 1/3 c)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp vinegar
¼ tsp dried oregano
¼ c loosely packed fresh chopped cilantro
1. Break up the tomatoes with your fingers, a fork or a knife.
2. Mix in the chilies, garlic, onions, olive oil, vinegar, and cilantro.
3. Add a ¼ of a cup of the tomato sauce from the can of tomatoes
4. Sprinkle your salsa with oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
1 ripe, peeled pitted diced mango (about 1 ½ c)
1 medium-sized red onion finely chopped
1 small cucumber peeled and diced (1 c)
1 jalapeno chile minced (leave out the seeds or ribs if you’re not a fan of spicy food)
3 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
3 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 small red bell pepper, diced
1. Combine all the ingredients.
2. Season with salt and pepper until it’s just how you like it.
3. If your salsa is too hot or acidic you can temper it with some diced avocado.