FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Trail Mix Cookies
Sweets can get a little redundant. How many times can you indulge yourself in a good ol' chocolate chip cookie or another chocolatey brownie? Thank goodness Camilla V. Saulsbury is here to chase away our tasty treat blues.
Her new book has TONS of yummy recipes to change up the way you eat sweets! These divine goodies are quick and easy with no-bake recipes that are perfect for those of us girlies who may not be totally top-cheffin' just yet.
This week we're lovin' Trail Mix Cookies. It's a sweet spin on everyone's fave outdoor snack. Take 'em with ya on a hike to check out the fab fall foliage!
· 1 (19.5- to 19.8-ounce) package brownie mix
· 1/2 cup vegetable oil
· 2 large eggs
· 2/3 cup quick-cooking oats
· 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chip
· 1/2 cup mixed dried fruit bits
· 1/2 cup roasted, lightly salted sunflower seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Position racks in lower and upper thirds of oven.
3. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Mix the brownie mix, oil, eggs, oats, chocolate chips, fruit bits, and sunflower seeds in a large mixing bowl with a wooden spoon until all dry ingredients are moistened.
5. Drop by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 10–12 minutes until cracked in appearance and just barely set at center when lightly touched.
7. Cool for 1 minute on cookie sheets.
Shortcut Cookie Book: 745 Scrumptious Recipes That Start with Refrigerated Cookie Dough, Cake Mix, Brownie Mix or Ready-to-Eat Cereal by Camilla V. Saulsbury. Copyright © 2009. Reproduced by permission of the publisher, Cumberland House, Naperville, IL.