MAKE IT CUTE
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 cup plain pumpkin (half of a 1 lb. can)
1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
1 cup (6 ounces) chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Grease muffin cups, or use foil or paper baking cups.
3. Thoroughly mix flower, sugar, pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl .
4. Break eggs into another bowl .
5. Add pumpkin and butter to eggs and mix until well blended.
6. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. Pour over dry ingredients and fold in with a rubber spatula just until dry ingredients are moistened .
8. Scoop batter evenly into muffin cups.
9. Bake 20-25 minutes or until muffins are puffed and springy to the touch in the center .
10. Turn out on a rack to cool.
11. Wrap leftovers in a plastic zip bag and keep for 1 to 2 days.
(makes 12 regular or 48 mini muffins)
-From the girls cross country team at Centennial High School, Ellicott City, MD. Submitted by GL's Miliana Budimirovic