FAB UP YOUR LIFE
While the frightful weather and swirling snow may keep you stuck inside, it’s the perf excuse to get a little festive. Start the season off right by grabbing your little sis or some good gal pals to laugh the afternoon away baking one of everyone’s all time fave holiday treat.
Kick off the celebrations with a classic cookie that's just as much fun to bake as it is to eat...gingerbread men!
½ cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup molasses
2 ¼ cups flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons ginger
1. In large bowl, cream sugar and butter.
4. Gradually add flour mixture, and mix well. If dough seems too sticky, add a tad more flour.
5. Chill dough in refrigerator for easier handling (two hours to overnight).
6. Flour work surface and rolling pin, and roll dough out to a thin sheet.
7. Cut cookies and bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
8. Repeat with unused scraps.
9. Remove cookies from oven, and cool completely before decorating with colored frosting (recipe below).
3 cups confectioner’s sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice food coloring or colored crystals
1. Mix sugar, milk and lemon juice in bowl until smooth.
2. If mixture is too thick, add a little more milk.
3. Separate frosting into several small bowls, and add food coloring a few drops at a time until it reaches the desired shade. (Or just add water! Save some time by using Washington Creamy White Frosting Mix. We added colored crystals for different color choices!).