The *best* protein pancakes to power through your morning
Start your morning off right with these delicious protein pancakes. Not only do they look and taste great, but they’ll keep you full and focused for hours. Here are three different kinds that you *must* try.
3-Ingredient Banana Power Pancakes
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 2 tablespoons of whole-wheat flour
1. Mix mashed banana, flour, and egg in a bowl. (*Bonus* You can also add some chocolate chips!)
2. Heat a large, greased pan over medium heat and put batter onto pan.
3. Cook for 2 minutes or until edges look cooked and turn over pancake until the bottom is lightly brown.
4. You can top these pancakes with fruit, almond butter, or honey for extra flavor. Enjoy!
Lemon Blueberry Protein Pancakes
- ½ cup of old fashioned oats
- 3 egg whites
- ½ cup of cottage cheese
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon of lemon zest
- ¼ cup of water
- 2/3 cup of fresh blueberries
1. Put oats, egg whites, cottage cheese, vanilla protein powder, lemon juice, lemon zest, and water in a blender and blend.
2. Once blended, pour mixture into bowl and add blueberries.
3. Heat a greased pan over medium heat and pour 1/3 of mixture onto pan.
4. Cook for 2-4 minutes and flip until the batter is cooked through.
5. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
*Bonus* Top pancakes with extra blueberries for extra deliciousness!
Chocolate Protein Pancakes
- 4 large eggs
- 2 bananas
- ¾ cup of old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup of chocolate protein powder
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1. Add eggs, bananas, and oats to a blender and blend.
2. Add protein powder, cocoa powder, and cinnamon and blend again until smooth.
3. Heat a greased pan to medium heat and add 1/3 of the mixture.
4. Flip and cook through for about 2 minutes.
Bonus: Top pancakes with chocolate chips for an even sweeter bite!
Do you like protein pancakes? Share your faves below!