5 ways to be a total team player
Acing tryouts and impressing Coach isn’t just about your hard-earned skills and natural talent. Make sure to show off your cooperative and collaborative side, too. We’ve got 5 ways to be a great team player, no matter what team you’re on!
1. Never complain. It’s important to look on the bright side. When on a team, it’s super easy to start whining when the people around you are miserable too. If it’s cold and rainy during practice, catch yourself before you complain about how nasty the weather is. You will just bring yourself and your team down. Instead, crack a joke or point out the good side.
2. Be loud and spirited! Embrace the saying “loud and proud.” Encourage parents to cheer loudly at games, and root for your teammates when you’re on the sidelines. Even in practices, if you have accomplished something together, congratulate your team and give them high-fives. Fans and friends will follow your lead and get excited, too!
3. Be a leader. Put yourself out there and show you are dedicated to the team. Offer to get the water cooler before practice. Volunteer if the coach asks for help. Don’t be afraid to run at the front of the pack or go first for a drill. Your commitment will be appreciated.
4. Be competitive, but keep it fun. A little healthy competition is a good thing. Keep your teammates motivated in practices and games by keeping things interesting. Challenge a teammate to a race while running sprints. Make a bet on who can score the most goals. You will keep practices fun and your teammates will like hanging around you.
5. Try your hardest. Obvi, you always wanna give 100 percent to your team. Even if you’re having an off day, working hard will inspire your teammates to do the same. Push yourself. You can do more than you think you can!
Love this post? You'll heart these, too!