10 10-second confidence boosters
'Cause we all have days when we need a little ego-jumpstart, we're giving ya 10 things that'll boost your mood in 10 seconds flat.
1. You're your own worst critic, right, girlies? So nobody is better to boost you than yourself. Throughout your day, give yourself mental pats on the back whenever you do something just right.
2. Tend to the senses by spritzing on your fave perfume that makes you feel oh-so lovely. Mmm...
3. Be a body language expert. Your opinion, and those of people around you, is affected by tons of things, including open body language. Stand up straight, uncross those arms, and just let it happen.
4. When you force a smile, your brain can't tell if it's real or not. Guess what it does in times of doubt? A simple grin sends out some feel-good chemicals called seratonin to zoom your mood all the way to the top.
5. Keep your fave photos of you and your crew handy for those times when you're feeling less than perfect. Good memories will jolt ya back into happyland.
6. Acknowledge your favorite features and give yourself some credit where credit is due. Love your eyes? Your butt? Your freckles? Your laugh? Recognize!
7. Pick an idol. Find a person you admire a great deal, be it a do-gooder celeb, family member, friend or teacher. What is it you admire about them? Look for similar qualities in yourself, or strive to reach them.
8. Treat your bod right by finding just 30 minutes a day for a brisk walk or quick indoor workout routine. You deserve it, and it'll battle pent up stress.
9. Take time out every day to treat yourself--and don't always plan it. Bake cupcakes after school, go for a bike ride with your sib, or watch a fave old cartoon from when you were a tot.
10. Start noticing the beautiful little things in others and you'll start to see them in yourself.
Love this post? You’ll heart these too…