Row, row, row your way to an all-over body tone-up
First thing's first: Get the position down
Like many workout moves and machines, you really need to ace the basic rowing position before you can get in a good workout. Why? Because if you don't, you risk putting strain on your body that can cause injuries, and no one wants that! Take a look at the how-to video below (and pull it up on your phone or tablet when ya first hit the rowing machine) to get the position down...
Ready for your workout? Let's go!
1. Warm up by rowing at a moderate pace for about five minutes.
2. Once your muscles are feeling warm and ready for more, row quickly for a full minute.
3. Time for speed! Row as fast as you can for another minute.
4. Slow back down for two minutes of moderately paced rowing.
5. Hop off the machine and stretch out your limbs and back.
6. Hop back on, settle in with some moderate rowing for a minute or two to get used to the position again.
7. Row full-out for two minutes.
8. Take it back down to your quick-but-not-lightning-fast pace and row for two more minutes.
9. OK, full-out again for two more minutes.
10. You did it! Cool down at your moderate pace for three minutes, then hop off and stretch slowly.
Love this post? You’ll heart these too…