The ultimate (no beach) volleyball workout
Ok, so you don’t really need a beach to get super-fit from this fab volleyball workout. Sand helps add resistance, but it’ll be just as fun ‘n’ fresh in your backyard.
Warm up by jogging up and down the beach for 10 minutes.
Clock Lunges: Work butt and thighs
1) Stand, hands on your hips, in the middle of an imaginary clock on the ground.
2) Step toward 12 o’clock with your right foot. Lunge by bending your knees until they form right angles. Return to standing position. Lunge towards 1 o’clock, then 2 o’clock.
3) Do a side lunge toward 3 o’clock: Bend your right knee until your thigh is almost parallel to the ground, left leg straight.
4) Lunge back towards 4, 5 and 6 o’clock. Now lunge back around the left side of the clock with your left leg.
5) Do 3 “clock” sets.
Running Goddess: Works abs, butt, back, shoulders and legs
1) Stand on your left leg with your right knee raised in front of you at a right angle. Position your arms in exaggerated running stance, with your right arm behind you.
2) Slowly bend forward as you swing your right leg back and switch arm positions. Slowly return to your first position.
3) Do 5 reps, then switch sides and do 5 more. Do 2 sets.
Tuck Sit-Up: Works abs and inner thighs
1) Lie on your back with feet shoulder-width apart, knees bent. Place a volleyball between your knees and squeeze. Keep your arms at yours sides and about three inches off the ground. Slowly roll up while bringing your knees to your chest and squeezing the ball. Come into a tuck position, then slowly roll down in a controlled motion.
2) Repeat 7 more times for a full set. Do 2 sets.
Complete your workout with a game of beach (or lawn) volleyball! Grab your friends and family (make sure there’s anywhere from two to six people on a team) and get pumped for an afternoon under the sun!