10 songs to add to your workout playlist ASAP
For some of us, working out is something we do because we should, not because we enjoy doing it (but we sure do envy those people who find actual joy in exercising). Listening to music can be a great way to not only pass the time during a workout, but also motivate you and keep you moving. Add these ten songs to your exercise playlist to give you that extra little push and your workout will be over before you know it.
1. Bad Blood by Taylor Swift. Not only does it have a killer beat to run to, it’s sure to fire you up for even your most intense workouts. Pop it on and get a little mad if you’re looking to let out some frustration at the gym.
2. Youth by Troye Sivan. With that irresistible beat that just makes you want to move, Youth is guaranteed to keep your workout on track.
3. Jumpman by Drake ft. Future. Taylor Swift vs. treadmill aside, this is a great song to get you moving. Just don’t pull a Taylor, and maybe run with a spotter!
4. Treat You Better by Shawn Mendes. We love a little Shawn anytime, but this one is particularly great if you need a little boost through that last half mile.
5. Shut Up and Dance by Walk The Moon. Is it even possible to sit still when this song is on? If you prefer upbeat workouts, this tune is a must to keep your blood pumping.
6. TiK ToK by Kesha. Something about this song just never quite gets old. TBH, just dancing around your room to a little Kesha can be a great workout.
7. Sit Still, Look Pretty by Daya. You certainly won’t be sitting still with this song playing. Whether you’re running five miles or tearing down the patriarchy, this one’s a great song to have playing in the background.
8. So What by P!nk. Nothing like a little P!nk to remind you of how independent and strong you are when you feel like you want to give up on that crazy hard workout. You’re still a rock star, obviously.
9. Good For You by Selena Gomez. You can never go wrong with a lil' Sel, right? This one’s great for workouts more on the mellow side. And (as an added bonus) although your health should always be the priority, this song is a little reminder of how great you’ll look and feel if you push through and finish your workout.
10. Fight Song by Rachel Platten. Between the overall empowerment and killer beat, this track is the perfect addition to any workout routine. Fight on, girl!
When pumping these jams, just remember: It’s important to stay safe. So if you’re going for a run or you’re working out by yourself, make sure your music is never so loud that you aren’t aware of your surroundings.
What do you listen to when you work out? Tell us in the comments below!