GL's Fab Fiction Contest is back!
Last year, our first annual Fab Fiction Contest received more than 300 entries! We read the short stories you sent in, picked our top three and sent ‘em off to our celeb author judge, Kirsten Miller. Kirsten chose our winning story, Cobie Ray’s Kiss and Don’t Tell. And our editors thought Cobie Ray’s story was so awesome, we published it in our February/March 2012 issue.
This year, we’re upping the ante. We have three of your favorite authors judging your stories. We’ll be announcing them throughout the summer. First up is Lauren Kate, author of the Fallen series. And we’ve got a pile of prizes for the best stories, from free books to cool new journals and fab writing supplies. You could even se your story published in an upcoming issue of Girls’ Life! Sweet, right?
1. You must submit a piece of totally original fiction (500-1,500 words) between now and July 17th, 2012. Stories should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Fab Fiction Contest” in the subject line.
2. The piece must be either in a Microsoft Word document or pasted in the body of your email.
3. Please double-space your submission and use size 12 Times New Roman font, so our readers will be able read everything you’ve written.
4. Include your name and age at the top of your entry.
5. Each girl can submit up to 3 stories!
Get scribblin’, girlies!