Intern at Girls' Life!
Girls’ Life magazine provides internship opportunities for students interested in learning about and working in magazine and online publishing. Whether you’re seeking course credits or looking for personal enrichment, growth and experience, Girls’ Life offers a unique way for students to get a first-hand glimpse into publishing.
• Several college and/or high school students per semester including summers. Shorter opportunities are available for girls 13 and up who live in the Baltimore, Maryland area.
• You must be an organized, self-motivated, resourceful, upbeat student who’s into everything GL (that’s friends, fashion, celebs, beauty and real-life issues).
• Mass Communication, English, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations and Online/New Media majors preferred.
• Computer proficiency (we like Mac) and some office experience are required (ya know, copying and mailing). Experience working with social media, Microsoft Office, Photoshop and CMS a plus!
• Writing. Interns contribute features, short articles, polls, quizzes, reviews, columns and celebrity profiles for our website and magazine.
• Providing editorial support. Interns attend editorial meetings; assist editors; research and fact-check stories; work with publicists; and check proofs.
Please contact us three months prior to preferred start of internship. Typically, interns work two to three days per week (but can always come in M-F if interested).Our internship hours are flexible, and we are able to work around school schedules. We prefer to give course credit as this is a non-paid opportunity.
Email us a cover letter that tells us why you’d make the PERFECT GL intern. Also helpful? A current resume and 1-2 writing samples. Send everything to Kim Uslin, firstname.lastname@example.org If we have an opening, we will contact you to set up an interview.