Too old to trick-or-treat?
Let’s get one thing straight, sweetie: You’re never too old to heart Halloween! Sure, the way you celebrate it might change as the years go by, but don’t ever feel like you’ve outgrown one of your favorite things.
Lots of girls go through this too old to trick-or-treat problem when they hit puberty, so you’re definitely not alone. Chances are some of your buds have stopped going door-to-door already, while others will keep it up through high school. If you’re not feeling it this year, no sweat! There are lots of other things you can do to embrace the spookiest day of the year. Here are some of our favorites:
- Trick-or-treat…for UNICEF! Instead of toting treat bags, pick up an orange box and ask for donations to UNICEF.
- Be a boo-tiful babysitter. Gather your babysitting buds and offer to take neighborhood kids around town to give parents a break.
- Throw a party. Head to GL’s Halloween Party HQ for some stellar ideas!
- Watch scary movies with your buds (or your sibs)
- Host a Halloween treat swap. Ask each of your buds to bring over their spookiest homemade dessert and nosh all night long.
- Give out candy. You can still dress up and get in the spirit of things without leaving your stoop.
- Create a haunted house
Whatever you do this Halloween, hunnie, have a blast!