Chapped, flaky lips can be a bummer. Not to mention totally painful. Keep your pout perfect with these simple tips!
Step One: Exfoliate
Exfoliating your lips is the easiest way to get rid of flakes and keep your lips smooth to the touch. On a budget? Grab some sugar or baking soda and mix with water. Rub the mixture onto your lips in a circular motion. You can also use a toothbrush to apply it as well.
Step Two: Treat
Applying lipgloss or lipstick to dry flaky lips can cause your pout to become more irritated. It might be hard to put your down your fave berrylicious balm, but muster up the willpower to do it. Instead, coat your pucker with petroleum jelly. It's a super cheap and super effective way to protect and treat lips.
Skin Saving Tip: Avoid licking your lips when they become chapped. It's a hard habit to kick, but licking your lips actually causes your lips to become more dry. Always keep some chapstick or jelly handy in your purse!
Try out this delish recipe:
Yummy Moisturizing Lip Gloss
* 1 tsp Aloe vera gel (available at your local drugstore)
* 1 tsp Petroleum jelly
* 1 tsp Strawberry essential 0il (or whatever fruity flavor you prefer)--available at aromatherapy shops, health foods stores, or drugstores.
* Small bowl
* Stir aloe vera gel and petroleum jelly in a small bowl until it's mixed well.
* Fold fruity essential oil into the mixture.
* Smooth lip balm on your lips with your fingertips. Save any leftovers for the next time you need it.