Trying to shape up for summer but can't fight your pesky pizza cravings? This simple recipe will nix your need to nosh without piling on the extra calories! Serve it at your next sleepover party or surprise your ‘rents with this easy 'n' healthy dish.
What You’ll Need:
Pillsburry Refrigerated Pizza Crust
Barbecue Chicken (Can be a container from the grocery store, or a homemade recipe, etc.)
1 tomato, sliced
Fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced
Basil or oregano to taste
What You’ll Do:
1. Heat oven to 425°F.
2. Spray 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray. Unroll dough in pan; starting at center, evenly press out the dough to edge of the pan to form the crust.
3. Carefully place the pan in the oven and bake 7 to 9 minutes or until the dough is light golden brown.
4. Carefully take out of the oven and spread the bbq chicken on top of the dough
5. Use as many tomato slices as you want. Place 'em on top of the BBQ chicken
6. Add the slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
7. Top it off with basil or oregano to taste
8. Carefully place back in the oven for a couple minutes or until the cheese is bubbly
9. Take it out, slice it up, and its ready to serve!
POSTED ON 3/27/2009 7:02:00 AM
POSTED IN recipes, lunch, dinner