If boring old boxed mac won't do, try this mix of five (yeah, five!) super cheeses. School your family's pasta skills with this easy dinner proj and save the rest for lunch the next day!
What You'll Need:
1 box of store brand macaroni and cheese with yellow cheddar powder
2 slices of Swiss cheese
1 mozzarella string cheese
1 cup of Parmesan flakes
1 cup of crumbled blue cheese
1 cup of milk (your choice if it's skim, 1%, whole, whatevs!)
What You'll Do:
1. Prepare the boxed mac n cheese by boiling the water, adding the pasta, and waiting till it's cooked.
2. Strain the pasta but place it back into the cooking pot.
3. Pour in the cup of milk- be careful, the pot will make the milk hot!
4. Cut up the string cheese and Swiss slices into tiny pieces and mix it in.
5. Mix in the powder and keep turning with a spoon to melt the large chunks of powder and the other cheeses.
6. When these are mostly mixed in, sprinkle in parmesan flakes and blue cheese crumbles. Put as much or little as you like!
7. Wait till all the cheeses are slightly melted in, and spoon into your own bowl.
POSTED ON 4/24/2009 7:00:00 AM
POSTED IN recipes, pasta, dinner