Treat dad and the fam to a good old fashioned meat and potatoes meal for Father's Day. Not having a big family dinner?
Cook up one for dad and make him his own unique burger based on his faves (see some of our all-new add-ons below!). Either way, it's delish din that's as simple as the pie you'll serve for dessert (Get a great recipe RIGHT HERE!)
What You'll Need:
1 Box of hamburger patties from the grocery store freezer section
1 Bag of hamburger buns
Veggies like shredded lettuce, tomatoes onions, relish, pickles, olives, chili peppers, etc.
The fun part? Go topping cuh-razy!
Make your patty oh-so-perf with some of these cool substitutions. Mix and match for your own unique creation.
*Instead of American cheese, use: cheddar, mozzarella, provolone or add a li'l spice with pepperjack.
*Instead of mustard, ketchup or mayo top your burger with a fave salad dressing like blue cheese or ranch.
*Add a li'l bit of kick with a touch of hot sauce or your fave spice sprinkled on top of the patty.
What You'll Do:
1. Set the table up like a good ol' fashioned picnic (red-checkered cloth, a few fresh flowers, maybe some cute framed pics of you and dad).
2. Have mom (or daddyo himself) help you cook the hamburgers on the grill.
3. Put hamburgers in buns out on a big plate.
4. Place the bowls of toppers and condiments on the table near your burgers.
5. Let everyone dig in and make their burger just how they like it, with tons of different combinations. See who can come up with the craziest (and most delicious!) burger.
Blog it out, babes. How do YOU like your burgers? What would your pops put on his hamburger?
POSTED ON 6/19/2009 7:00:00 AM
POSTED IN dinner, father's day