Wanna spice up your space? Glam up your walls with this easy-to-do ribbon picture board.
Just cover your old bulletin board with a fun fabric and pretty ribbons to make a great place to stick notes and photos without them getting bent or poked with tacks!
What You’ll Need:
1 old bulletin board
Staple gun or duct tape
What You’ll Do:
1. Lay the fabric face down and cover it with a layer of batting.
2. Center the bulletin board on the batting and use a staple gun (or strong duct tape) to attach the fabric to the back. Staple one side then pull it tight and staple the opposite side.
3. Cut off excess fabric with a pair of scissors.
4. Turn the board over and arrange pieces of ribbon in a crisscross pattern across the board.
5. Insert flat thumb tacks at the intersections to keep it in place.
6. Attach the ribbons to the back of the board with hot glue.
Gift it! You can find small squares of cork board at craft stores and office supply stores. Pick up a few for your closest friends, plus some fabric, ribbon and batting, and make a montage of memories.
BY ALLIE SIMMONS ON 7/9/2009 7:00:00 AM
POSTED IN crafts, room decor, diy, photo holder, diy gifts, room redo