Turn any kitchen into your own personal Coldstone when you make your own ice cream. Shaking the bag is tons of fun for kids and, let’s just admit it, for you too. A ½ cup milk will make about 1 scoop of ice cream, so double the recipe if you want more but be careful about trying any more than that since a large amount might be too big for kids to pick-up.
What You'll Need:
1 tablespoon sugar
½ cup milk or half & half
¼ teaspoon vanilla
6 tablespoons rock salt
1 pint-size plastic food storage bag
1 gallon-size plastic food storage bag
(optional: ½ tablespoon of cocoa to make chocolate ice cream)
What You’ll Do:
1. Fill the large bag half full of ice, and add the rock salt.
2. Put milk, vanilla, and sugar into the small bag, and seal it.
3. Place the small bag inside the large one, and seal it carefully.
4. Shake until the mixture is ice cream, which takes about 5 minutes.
5. Wipe off the top of the small bag, then open it carefully. Enjoy!
POSTED ON 7/21/2009 7:00:00 AM
POSTED IN easy babysitting recipes