4 rump or sirloin steaks
8 tortilla wraps
For the marinade:
4 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
4 to 6 pickled jalapeño peppers, chopped
2 tablespoons of coriander
Sea salt and pepper
Juice from 2 limes
Juice from 1 lemon
1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons of olive oil
For the fillings:
Chopped tomato or salsa
Iceberg or other crisp lettuce
Chopped red onion
1. Smash the garlic, peppers, coriander, salt, and pepper together with a pestle and mortar. Tip into a jar or container. Add the lime and lemon juices, vinegar, and oil. Screw the lid on and shake.
2. Slap the steaks into a shallow dish. Tip the marinade over. Rub in well. Chill it for at least an hour (in your refrigerator). Return to room temperature before cooking.
3. Prepare fillings of your choice just before cooking the meat.
4. Get your grill or frying pan hot. Slap the steaks on. Cook for 2 minutes per side or until it’s done as you prefer. * Rest the meat somewhere warm.
5. Warm the tortillas in a frying pan or in an over until soft.
6. Carve the meat into thin diagonals. Chuck into the tortillas with the fillings.
*Beef is best when still pink inside.
Get Cooking is on sale now. To find out more about Sam and for where to buy, check out samstern.co.uk!