Ever wish you could look just as glam as your fave celebs?
Get ready to look red-carpet chic, ASAP. We've got the super-easy insider secrets that stars use to score their fab looks.
The best part is these tricks only take a minute!
THE EYES HAVE IT
We’re not completely taking black eyeliner out of the beauty equation, but isn’t it about time to shake things up?! GL cover girl Taylor Swift knows that colored pencil liner is the best way to draw attention to your peepers.
1. It’s all about the pencil for this trend so avoid any liquid liner.
2. Trace the pencil on ONE lid (either upper or lower) and apply a base (lighter) shade first.
3. Once you have your perfect line nailed down, trace your lids again, this time putting more pressure on the pencil to make the line thicker and darker.
4. Clear up any smudges with a Q-tip and voila! Perfect application.
THESE LIPS ARE MADE FOR TALKIN'...
It’s unusual for a blondie to be able to rock nude (a.k.a. barely there) lip color but fair-haired babe Hayden Panettiere pulls it off! This natural look is both innocent and pretty. Works on just about anyone.
1. Clean your lips. Take a wet cotton ball and dab on lips to remove any chapped skin or other residue.
2. Moisturize. If lips are chapped, regular ol' gloss won't help too much. Swipe your lips with something serious like A+D, Vaseline or Aquaphor.
3. Apply Neutrogena Lip Sheer with one coat each on your top and bottom lip. Best part 'bout is the SPF 20 that protects ya from the sun's harmful rays.
NAIL IT DOWN
Kristen Stewart is sporting a surprisingly colorful look for her usual wannabe vampire self: gold nails. Rockin' metallic-hued digits is incredibly “in” right now. Adds a sweet li'l shine to any outfit.
1. Paint your nails with a base coat of black polish.
2. Use the Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in gold to create a line of color at the top of your nails.
3. Take the fine tip pen and literally draw a line at the top of your nails (How cool is that?!). Since it’s water-based, if you mess up, it’s easy to wipe off.
4. Let your artwork dry for 5-10 minutes before applying a coat of clear gloss to finish off.
Go old-school glam! 1920s hair is all the rage with celebs, and it's a fun retro throwback to the heyday of Hollywood. We heart how Lauren Conrad sports a sparkly barrette in her waved hair, all tied together with a side bun.
1. After washing your hair, blow-dry it and apply a non-frizz serum.
2. Use a curling iron to create loose waves.
3. Arrange all of your hair to one side and use a ponytail to knot it in a low, side bun on the left side of your head.
4. Take a sparkly barrette and use it to adorn the side of your 'do. Use it to sweep up bangs or just add an extra pop of glitter.
BY LIZ ROBERTS ON 1/11/2010 10:57:00 AM
POSTED IN hair, how to, make-up