I started my period months ago but haven’t seen any physical changes. Is this normal?
What’s normal? The five stages of puberty go like this:
1) Around age 8 to 11, hormones whir inside the body with no visible physical changes.
2) From 8 to 14, height and weight increase, breast buds form, and maybe pubic hair shows.
3) At 9 to 15, breasts continue to grow as pubic hair darkens, and menstruation may begin.
4) From 10 to 16, more pubic hair comes in, and periods become more regular.
5) At 12 to 19, full height is established as breast and pubic-hair growth end.
See the overlap in age ranges? Even if your bod doesn’t show it, healthy hormones are at work. Your period is proof!