When you think brownies, you might automatically think chocolate, but check these out. Blondies, the “un-chocolate” brownie, are just as delicious as their darker counterpart, and a whole lot of fun to whip up in the kitchen. Try packing them in your lunch for a sweet afternoon pick-me-up.
What You'll Need:
¼ Cup Canola Oil (or any mild oil)
½ Cup Dark Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
¾ Cup Sifted Unbleached White Flour
½ tsp. Baking Powder
½ Cup Mini-Chocolate Chips
What You'll Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly oil the bottom of an 8x8 square pan using a paper towel.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine oil, sugar, vanilla and egg. Beat until smooth.
4. Add flour and baking powder. Beat on low until mixed. Quickly scrape off the beaters and stir in chocolate chips.
5. Pour evenly into the pan.
6. Bake 25 to 30 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
7. Cool, and then put pan in freezer for 20 minutes or so.
8. Cut into squares and remove with a spatula.
LOVE THIS POST? YOU’LL HEART THESE TOO…
+ Score major swag and sign up for the Buzz Babes newsletter
+ Adorbs DIYS to spruce up your place this spring
+ Best. Weekend. Ever! Here’s where to start…
WIN BIG! Step into spring with style with our shoe-tacluar March giveaway.
MAJOR PLUS Get the latest from GL on Google+ and Instagram.
BY ELIZABETH VASSAL ON 4/1/2014 12:00:00 AM
POSTED IN sweet treats, chocolate, brownies