Almost everyone goes to a BBQ on the 4th of July. Make the one you’re at stand out with treats that match the fireworks! These recipes are healthy, patriotic, yummy and fun to make.
Fruity Flag Cake
2 cups cake flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
¾ cups milk
White cake frosting
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour a rectangular cake pan.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt with wire whisk.
3. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs one by one. Add vanilla and mix well.
4. Slowly add the flour alternating with adding in milk and pour mixture into pan.
5. Bake for 20-30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Transfer onto a cooling rack and allow it to cool completely.
6. Frost entire cake with white frosting
7. In the upper left-hand corner, put blueberries in a checkerboard pattern mimicking the pattern of the stars of the American flag! Leave space between them so that white frosting shows through.
8. Slice the strawberries to whatever size you like and arrange them in horizontal stripes with white space in between.
Want more sweet treats to whip up for the Fourth? Check out these delish recipes below:
Sweetheart Flag Cakes
Red, White, and Blueberry Shortcakes
By: Brittany Berger
POSTED ON 7/2/2010 10:15:00 AM