Fiber and protein from nutritious ingredients in a handy crispy bar -- and without corn syrup!
Ingredients: Makes 12 bars
2 quarts popped popcorn
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1/2 cup roasted soy nuts (or shelled sunflower seeds)
3 tablespoons margarine
2/3 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Line a 13x9-inch pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray; set aside. Place popcorn, almonds, coconut, apricots, cranberries and soy nuts in a large bowl; set aside. In a small saucepan, heat butter, honey, brown sugar, vanilla and salt over medium heat.
3. Stir to blend and bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly; pour over popcorn mixture.
4. Stir to blend all ingredients and pour into foil-lined pan.
5. With damp hands, press mixture lightly and evenly into pan.
6. Bake 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
7. Cool in pan at least 3 hours before cutting into rectangles to serve.
8. Wrap individually in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
For more yummy recipes, check out popcorn.org.