GL scoured the world wide Web for the best brew around and
Chica and Jo of chicaandjo.com have won the Butterbeer battle. They two
witches-at-heart shared their recipe with us and here it is, straight from
Rosmerta’s wizarding pub to your mug.
For deets on this top-notch drink and a thirst-quenching
cold version, check out chicaandjo.com/butterbeer.
1 cup of milk
1 teaspoon of honey
1/2 cup of powdered sugar, divided
1 teaspoon of cornstarch
1 teaspoon of vanilla
butter and nut flavoring
1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
Butterscotch ice cream topping
Having trouble finding the vanilla butter and nut
flavoring? Check a local specialty cooking store or order it online from
Chica and Jo here.
1. Whip the cream and 1/4 cup of powdered sugar with a mixer
or whisk until it’s stiff, then set aside.
2. Add the flavoring to the bottom of the mug.
3. Combine the milk, honey, the remaining ¼ cup of powdered
sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly.
4. As soon as the mixture boils, remove the pan from heat.
Allow to cool for one minute, then pour it into a mug. Stir well to incorporate
the flavoring, which will turn the drink a golden, buttery color.
5. Top with whipped cream and drizzle with butterscotch
topping, then serve it up! Yum.
BY CHICA AND JO ON 11/16/2010 7:00:00 AM
POSTED IN Harry Potter, sweet treats, drink, fall recipes