Lotsa lights plus rhinestones equals tonsa shine. It takes
just a li’l bit of time to make this glamtastic ornament that is blinged to the
What you’ll need:
- Plastic ornaments. Buy plastic ornaments in any size/shape from a crafts store.
- Rhinestones. You can get a huge bag of assorted colors
and sizes for about $10.
- Hot glue gun and glue. Watch those fingers!
What you’ll do:
1. Spread newspaper around your workspace.
2. Plug in your hot glue gun and grab an ornament. Consider what colors and designs you want to include. Shapes and letters require a bit of forethought, while stripes are pretty darn easy.
3. While your glue is heatin’ up, begin sorting out the different sizes and colors of rhinestones you’ll need for your project. You can lay the stones on your ornament to get a feel for how they’ll fit together on your globe.
4. Ready to glue? Go for it, girl! It’s not gonna be perfect, but when you hang your ornament on the tree, all you’ll see is the gleaming colors, not the gaps in between ‘em. Hang it on a pretty velvet ribbon and give it as a gift on Christmas morning, or make minis for all of your friends.
BY BRITTANY TAYLOR ON 12/22/2014 12:00:00 AM
POSTED IN Christmas decorations, diy, room decor, christmas crafts, diy gifts