There's no sweeter way to turn over the new year than with this easy and delicious turnover recipe.
1 (15-ounce) package of Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts
3/4 cup thinly sliced peeled apple
3/4 cup thinly sliced peeled pear
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. milk
1 tsp. sugar
1. Allow one pie crust pouch to stand at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F.). Remove the pie crust from its pouch, unfold it and remove the top plastic sheet. Press out the fold lines. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, and remove remaining plastic sheet.
3. In medium-sized bowl, combine apple slice, pear slices, brown sugar, flour cinnamon and lemon juice. Blend well.
4. Spoon fruit mixture evenly on half of crust to within _ inch of edge. Fold remaining side of crust over fruit, and press crust edges firmly to seal. Flute edge, and cut small slits in top of crust.
5. Brush with milk.
6. Sprinkle with sugar.
7. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the crust is flaky and golden brown.
BY MICHELLE SILVER ON 1/4/2011 7:00:00 AM
POSTED IN sweet treats, winter holiday recipes, new year's