I have rather large boobs, and during the day the spot in between them sometimes gets sweaty, and even if it doesn't get that bad at all, I start to get this smell and it makes me self-conscious that other people smell it. What can I do?
Everyone has insecurities that they have to learn to deal with. Many girls and women have to deal with the hassle of boob sweat on a regular basis, especially during the steamy summer months. There’s no reason to feel embarrassed or self-conscious—there are lots of things you can do to keep your bod under control.
The facts? The sour or musky smell coming from your chest area is typically caused by bacteria breeding in your sweat. Okay, that’s a pretty gross statement, but there’s no reason to panic. The bacteria won’t hurt you. They’re simply a fact o’ life.
7 ways to ditch the sweat!
1. Don’t forget to wash your breasts in the shower. Rather than just rinsing them off with water, literally wash them with a deodorant soap. The soap will kill the developing bacteria that is to blame for the odor.
2. After getting out of the shower, fully dry the skin around and under your boobs. Rather than only applying deodorant in the morning and at night, also apply a dry underarm deodorant after getting out of the shower.
3. Cotton is a girl’s best friend. On any hot day when you’re worried about sweating, wear cotton bras and cotton tees. Cotton, by definition, is simply better at absorbing sweat than most other fibers.
4. Is the smell still growing strong towards the end of the day? Toss a spare bra in your gym bag or locker so that you’ll never end up in sticky—er—super sweaty sitches.
5. Carry wipes, deodorant or baby powder in your purse. Use the supplies to freshen up in the restroom throughout the day.
6. Wash those undergarments! The cleaner they are, the less likely they’ll have leftover stink-causing bacteria.
7. Sweating more than normal today? Try Curved Comfort’s Breast Sweat Pads. They’re only ten dollars per box and really do the trick.
BY KARA GELBER ON 5/27/2011 9:00:00 AM
POSTED IN body, breasts, sweat