Summer is almost over—sniff!—but that doesn’t mean we’ve
gotta wave goodbye to fun ‘n’ games. We’re squeezing as much fun as we can into
the weeks left before school starts up again. And guess what? It’s gonna be a
1. Ride the fastest roller coaster at a nearby amusement
2. Practice five easy hairstyles you can do quickly in the
3. Plan a sleepover with your sweeties so you can discuss
school scheds, extracurrics and locker decorating ideas.
4. Make dried flower sachets to toss in your gym locker.
5. Pamper your bod with an at-home facial, conditioning hair
treatment, sugar body scrum and a mani/pedi.
6. Go to the state fair.
7. Repurpose an old pair of jeans.
8. Go back-to-school supply shopping…and decorate all of
your purchases. Glue flowers or feathers to pens and pencils, and use our craft
guide for your binders and homework planner.
9. Pull 10 basic pieces out of your closet, then mix and
match with other clothing items and accessories to create 10 new outfits.
10. Master a dessert recipe, just in case you wanna bake
something delish for the cute quarterback (or your ace lab partner…or your best
11. Rent some inner tubes and spend an afternoon lazily
floating down a local river.
12. Chat up your babysitting clients to discuss
back-to-school hours. Cha-ching!
13. Climb a tree…just because.
14. Perfect your swan dive while the pool’s still open.
15. Finish your summer reading, and then read a book that’s
just for fun as a reward.
16. Make a rise ‘n’ shine playlist filled with your favorite
songs. It’ll get ya outta bet and boogying on Monday mornings, guaranteed.
17. Take a
chance and ask out the hottie you’ve been crushing on all summer.
18. The next time you head to the beach, grab a kite and
make it soar.
19. Cool off a steaming hot day with a dash through the
20. Brush up on your Spanish so you don’t totally flop on
the first day of your foreign
21. Head to the movies with your belt-it-out besties to
catch Glee Live! In Concert!
22. Host a day of ridiculously silly contests with your
neighborhood buds. Think who can jump rope the longest, best rollerblading
trick and lowest limbo record.
23. New to your school? Take a tour and make a map of your
own so you won’t get lost
on the first day.
24. Some of our favorite singers are on tour right now. See
if you can score tickets to a
show near you. Radio stations usually have a bunch to give
away, so start callin’!
25. Grab Mom and hit the movie theater on August 12 to catch
Emma Stone’s new flick, The Help.
26. Have a funny faces photo shoot with your sweeties.
27. Fast forward to Halloween. It’s never too soon to start
brainstorming group costume ideas!
28. Put on a talent show.
29. Plan a wicked-hard scavenger hunt and ask all
participating scavengers to chip in a couple of bucks. The winners gets to keep
the dough—or grab a gift card.
30. Make a so-sweet summer time capsule. Bury it in your
backyard and dig it up next year.
31. Ask Mom or Dad to show you how to grill a mean burger.
Hello, master chef!
32. Watch the sun rise. You could get up early, but we’re bankin’ on staying up all
33. Bored? Come up with a new buzzword.
34. Get psyched for the beginning of the end of Twilight. Read the full series before school work bogs ya
down, and check out the first three flicks.
35. Grab your girls, pick a music video dance and learn it.
Perform for parents, friends or, you know, just bust a move whenever.
36. Spend an afternoon volunteering at an animal shelter,
nursing home or hospital.
37. Have a water balloon fight.
38. Lax gym uniform requirements? Get your girls together,
grab some plain T-shirts and fabric markers and DIY some gym clothes. Sooo
39. Wanna make some easy money? Go around to your neighbors
and offer up your after school pet-playing services. Those who tend to work
late will love the idea of their dog or cat getting some quality play time in
before they get home.
40. See what the future will bring by pulling out a Magic 8
Ball, a ouija board, tarot cards or playing MASH.
41. Learn how to do something new, whether it’s French
braiding, line dancing or bowling a perfect game.
42. Start a prank war with your pals.
43. Write a letter to the editor. GL staffers love hearing
what you think. Write us at email@example.com.
44. Gear up for gym class with an all-afternoon game of
capture the flag, or a kickball tournament.
45. Give your room a facelift using any of our ah-mazing
redo-your-room tips ‘n’ tricks.
46. Find out what your name means. ‘Cause really, you should
47. Play putt-putt. Or HORSE. Or quidditch.
48. Make s’mores over the grill. Yum!
49. Make BTS resolutions. Invite your besties over,
brainstorm your resolutions, write them down on strips of paper and then seal
them inside a balloon and let it go, or burn them in the fireplace or
(carefully) over a candle flame to make ‘em happen.
BY BRITTANY TAYLOR ON 7/28/2011 12:00:00 AM
POSTED IN summer, weekend fun, party ideas, sleepover, relax, redo your room, boredom buster, summer parties, get outside