What says “summer” better than a roasted marshmallow shoved
between two graham crackers and a piece of chocolate? Um, that’d be nothing!
We’re taking this twilight warm-weather staple from the backyard into the
1 box of Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as
directed on the box
½ cup of graham cracker crumbs (that’s about 8 cracker
squares, finely crushed)
¼ cup of sugar
3 tablespoons of butter, melted
½ cup of marshmallow crème
2 tablespoons of softened cream cheese
2 tablespoons of sugar
½ cup of chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Line a cookie sheet
with parchment paper.
2. Unroll the pie crusts. With a 3-inch round cookie cutter
(or a similarly sized glass as your guide and a butter knife), cut 10 rounds
from each crust.
3. In a small bowl, mix the cracker crumbs with ¼ cup of
sugar. Brush both sides of the pie crust rounds with butter, then dip the pie
crust into the crumb mixture so that it’s coated. Place 10 coated pie crust
rounds on the cookie sheet.
4. Stir together all of the filling ingredients. Spoon 1
heaping tablespoon of filling into the center of each of the 10 rounds.
5. Place the remaining pie crust rounds on top of the
filling on each. Pinch the edges to seal.
6. Bake for 9 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve
warm, at room temperature, or store them covered in the refrigerator.
BY GL ON 8/30/2011 12:12:00 PM
POSTED IN sweet treats, summer recipes, fall recipes, chocolate, vegetarian recipes, pie, easy party food