takes the sweetest day of the year
to the next level. Fancify your next party (or impress your friends and fam)
with these decadent chocolate truffles. Bonus? These organic beauties are easy
to make and are actually pretty darn good for you…as far as dessert goes,
Sure, we love buying up bags of pumpkin-shaped, individually
wrapped candies to gear up for Halloween. But this recipe from
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/4 cup creamy roasted almond butter
1/4 cup agave nectar
2 tablespoons cacao powder
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon orange zest
1/4 cup cacao powder
1. Place cashews in a food processor and pulse until the
texture is like coarse sand.
2. Add the almond butter, agave nectar, 2 tablespoons of
cacao powder, vanilla and orange zest and pulse until smooth.
3. Refrigerate for two to three hours or until firm.
4. Remove from the fridge and roll into ½-inch balls
5. Roll in cacao powder to coat and serve. Yum!
Makes 12 truffles
BY ELANA'S PANTRY ON 10/11/2011 11:42:00 AM
POSTED IN sweet treats, healthy recipes, fall recipes, winter holiday recipes, chocolate, gluten-free recipes, vegan recipes, vegetarian recipes, easy party food, halloween, recipes