I love Halloween—it’s my favorite holiday! But now that I’m
in junior high, I have this feeling that I’m too old to be dressing up and
trick-or-treating. What could I do instead that would still be fun?
Let’s get one thing straight, sweetie: You’re never too old
to heart Halloween! Sure, the way you celebrate it might change as the years go
by, but don’t ever feel like you’ve outgrown one of your favorite things.
Lots of girls go through this too old to trick-or-treat
problem when they hit puberty, so you’re definitely not alone. Chances are some
of your buds have stopped going door-to-door already, while others will keep it
up through high school. If you’re not feeling it this year, no sweat! There are
lots of other things you can do to embrace the spookiest day of the year. Here
are some of our favorites:
- Trick-or-treat…for UNICEF! Instead of toting treat bags,
pick up an orange box and ask for donations to UNICEF.
- Be a boo-tiful babysitter. Gather your babysitting buds
and offer to take neighborhood kids around town to give parents a break.
- Throw a party. Head to GL’s Halloween Party HQ for some
- Watch scary movies with your buds (or your sibs)
- Host a Halloween treat swap. Ask each of your buds to
bring over their spookiest homemade dessert and nosh all night long.
- Give out candy. You can still dress up and get in the
spirit of things without leaving your stoop.
- Create a haunted house
Whatever you do this Halloween, hunnie, have a blast!
How old is too old for trick-or-treating, babes?
BY BRITTANY TAYLOR ON 10/15/2011 12:00:00 AM
POSTED IN holiday, halloween, life, identity