We're obsessed with this winter wonderland mani sent over by Rana
Daunis and Jesaka Brooks-Ausler. In ombre shades of blue and topped off
with a coating of silvery white glitter, it's got us humming Blue Christmas out loud (sorry, fellow staffers!). Read on for the how-to:
Start with a clear base coat, and select three shades of the same color
in different shades and a coordinating glitter topcoat. We used
periwinkle, baby blue and royal blue with a sheer white glitter.
2. Using the darkest color, paint about halfway down your nail, with more emphasis on the tip of your nail.
3. With the middle color, overlap the darkest color and paint down
to the bottom third of your nail. It should be a bit messy, but don't
worry- the colors will blend together in the final step.
4. Now using the lightest color, fill in from the base of your nail
until it overlaps the middle color. Once again, it's okay if it's a tad
5. Cover your entire nail with the glitter polish. Allow it to dry
and add another coat if necessary. You don't want to cover up the color
completely, but add enough glitter that the colors appear blended
6. Finish with clear top coat and voilà! Magical.
BY JESAKA BROOKS-AUSLER AND RANA DAUNIS ON 11/28/2011 9:00:00 AM
POSTED IN christmas, new year's, hanukkah, beauty, how to, nails, holiday, winter, happy holidays, happy hanukkah, merry christmas, holiday parties, christmas parties, diy mani