further than this scrummy—and
meat-free—veggie meatball calzones. Everyone will love ‘em...and we’re betting
not even the meat-eaters will notice their meal’s been veggie-fied!
On the hunt for a munchy that’s way easy to make…and all of
your friends (and fam) can eat? Come Superbowl Sunday, look no
1 cup marinara sauce
8 Veggie Patch Meatless Meatballs, sliced in half
16 tablespoons reduced fat shredded mozzarella
1 lb refrigerated pizza dough (find it at a local grocery or
purchase from a pizza parlor)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet
2. Microwave the meatballs for 30 seconds, then slice them
in half and set aside.
3. Divide your pizza dough into eight sections. Flour your work surface, and then roll
out and stretch each section into 4-inch rounds.
4. Spread two tablespoons of marinara sauce on one half of
each round, then cover with two meatball halves. Sprinkle cheese two
tablespoons of cheese over top.
5. Fold the dough over the filling and use your fingers to
pinch the edges closed.
6. Transfer your calzones to the baking sheet. Use a pastry brush or the back of a spoon to cover them in olive oil.
7. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the golden. Serve
with the extra marinara sauce and dig in!
BY GL ON 2/1/2012 3:36:00 PM
POSTED IN dinner, snack, healthy recipes, vegetarian recipes, easy party food, after school snacks