Ever wanted to try a bob haircut
without chopping off your locks? This fab faux bob will get ya all
the style (while letting you tuck under your presh tresses),
according to Nick Penna, owner and lead stylist of SalonCapri. His
tips will show you how to get a supermodel-style faux bob that’s
straight from the Rodarte runways at New York Fashion Week. For a
great way to get super-trendy flapper hair without heading to the
salon, try this style now! Here are Nick’s tips:
1. Start with a little texturizing cream on damp hair (we love Sally Hershberger’s),
and then blow dry.
2. Separate the top of your hair from the bottom with a clip or ponytail. You should have a good section of hair by the nape of your neck loose.
3. With the loose hair, braid it starting at one ear and moving along to the other. This will leave ya with one long braid that goes across the nape of your neck and will be used later to pin in your faux bob.
4. Take down the hair you had pinned
up and tease it with a brush and hairspray for a li’l extra volume
and texture in your locks.
5. Start pinning sections of your
teased hair under and into the braid, like you’re using the braid
as a base of the bob.
6. As you pin sections of your hair,
shape them into a bob and make sure not to leave any “holes” in
the pinned sections.
7. Thicker hair may require more
teasing before ya tuck, so if it doesn’t look right, try
backcombing it some more to get your perfect bob! Finish with a
light hold hairspray, and you’re officially bobbed!
BY RACHEL NUGENT ON 2/16/2012 12:00:00 AM
POSTED IN trend, beauty, hair, how to, tips, fall, party, spring