It's Mardi Gras, girlies! Turn up the
big band jazz, serve up some jambalaya and deck your tips in green,
gold and purple. Today is all about that New Orleans love. Even if
you're miles away from the Big Easy, this Fat Tuesday fingernail
design is a close second to a stroll through the festive French
Quarter. Now if only I had a slice of King cake. Here's how to get a
harlequin-inspired mani for today's revelry.
1. After a clear coat, paint your base
color. Let dry.
2. Cut a triangular piece of tape and
place in the middle of your nail.
3. Paint second above or below the tape.
You can alternate the colors, or keep it consistent.
4. Paint third color. Peel tape
immediately. Let dry.
5. After a few quick touch-ups, finish with a
clear top coat. Voilà!
How are you celebrating Mardi Gras?
Blog it out, babes.
BY KARMEN FOX ON 2/21/2012 2:00:00 PM
POSTED IN holiday, beauty, how to, nails, diy mani