Lovin’ your winter jeans but not digging the worn-through
knees or messy hem? Give your go-tos a warm weather makeover, just like Hunger
Games star Isabelle Fuhrman. This Southern belle turned Cali cutie loves
hanging in her DIY cutoffs. And with a li’l help from GL, you can, too!
What you’ll need:
An old pair of jeans that fit (preferably not ones with
Pen or pencil
What you’ll do:
1. Try on your jeans to decide just how long you want them.
2. With your
jeans still on, use safety pins to mark the length you want your shorts to be.
3. Take ‘em off, turn them inside out and lay them flat on a
4. Using a ruler and pen or pencil, draw a line along where
you pinned your pants.
5. Now, it’s time to cut. Holding your scissors at a slight
angle, cut along the line you drew, being careful not to cut the pockets. Remember,
when in doubt, cut ‘em longer than you think you want them. You can always go
back and make them shorter!
6. Toss your shorts into the wash to jumpstart the fraying
process along the edges.
7. Rock ‘em!
BY ERIN MILLER ON 3/13/2012 12:00:00 AM
POSTED IN Isabelle Fuhrman, crafts, fashion, In the mag, April May 2012