does make a difference, but so does the movement you do
(or don’t do) every single minute of the day. Studies have found that
overweight people were more prone to sitting, while leaner people were more
likely to get up. Want to tone up the sneaky way? Here are some
The workout time you clock
1. If you are watching endless hours of TV, know that you’re
likely to pack on pounds. Get up and walk around your house (not to get the
Doritos!) during every commercial.
2. Volunteer to take out the garbage, help mom unload the
groceries from the car and walk the dog around the block to burn some extra
3. Don’t use the remote. Get up off your bum to change the
TV channel or volume.
4. At school, don’t use your cell phone to track down your
friend. Walk around the hallways and find her so you can share that hot gossip
you just heard.
5. Hooked on video games? Try Just Dance 3.
6. Instead of sitting through a two-hour movie with your
group of friends this weekend, go to the roller rink. Skating is great
BY MARTICA HEANER ON 3/23/2012 12:00:00 AM
POSTED IN healthy ways to lose weight, health, fitness, mind/motivation, workouts