The last BBQ of your summer season might be just around the
corner, but we’re pretty sure we’ll be munching this popcorn bite all through
fall. With a spicy kick and a hint of grill-worthy smoke, it’ll be goin’,
goin’, gone like
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 ½ teaspoons Cajun seasoning mix
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon chili powder
8 cups air-popped popcorn
¼ cup clarified butter (helps prevent sogginess; may use
regular melted butter)
1 teaspoon liquid smoke (find it in the barbecue
sauces/condiments section of large grocery stores)
1. Combine brown sugar, Cajun seasoning mix, garlic powder,
onion powder and chili powder in a small bowl.
2. Melt ¼ cup butter. Cool slightly, then pour off the clear melted butter
layer into a small bowl. Discard the opaque milky solids that remain behind.
3. Stir the liquid smoke into the butter.
4. Place popcorn in a large bowl, and drizzle it with butter mixture. Toss to
coat the popcorn well.
5. Sprinkle sugar-seasoning mixture over popcorn and toss to distribute evenly.
6. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
Photo Credit: Popcorn
BY GL ON 8/30/2012 12:00:00 AM
POSTED IN snack, healthy recipes, summer recipes, fall recipes, gluten-free recipes, easy party food