Potato chips and M&Ms. French fries and chocolate froyo.
We’ll go to great lengths to perfect the sweet ‘n’ salty combo of our dreams.
But this holiday season, we’re making it super easy. All you’ve gotta do is
take a pretzel, cover it in chocolate and jazz it up. Cinchy-sweet!
1 12-ounce package of milk chocolate chips
1 12-ounce package of bittersweet chocolate chips
24 large pretzel rods
1. In the heat-proof bowl of a double broiler, melt the chocolate
chips together, stirring occasionally until it is smooth. Remove from heat and
2. While the chocolate cools, cover a baking pan with wax
paper. Set aside.
3. One at a time, dip a pretzel rod into the chocolate. Spread
the chocolate over three-quarters of the rod, using a spoon to help you coat
it. Let the excess drip off the end.
4. Hold your wet, chocolate-covered pretzel rod over a
dinner plate and shake sprinkles onto all sides. Set on prepared pan and repeat until you’ve
coated and decorated all of the pretzel rods.
5. Set the pan aside so the chocolate can dry and set. This
will take about 24 hours, so be patient! Store in an airtight container.
BY BRITTANY TAYLOR ON 11/19/2012 12:00:00 AM
POSTED IN sweet treats, winter holiday recipes, chocolate, easy party food, happy holidays, hanukkah recipes, christmas recipes, Dec/Jan 2013