comments powered by
your toes to a day of primping—it’s even better because you can do it all from
home. See ya, pricey pedis! Follow these steps to give your feet the glowing
look that they deserve.
you dive into clipping, buffing and massaging, you need to get your feet
1. Remove any polish that is already
on your toes.
2. Fill up the bathtub with lukewarm
water and sink your feet in to soak.
This will soften tough skin.
3. Add a little bit of scented bath
salts (we heart coconut) and scrub away. You can use a small scrub brush or a
4. Dry with your fluffiest towel.
SW Basics of Brooklyn Body Scrub, $12 for 1 oz., swbasicsofbk.com
up your toes by getting rid of those annoying hangnails that cling to your
socks. You want your toenails to be perfectly prepped for polish.
1. If your toenails are getting too
long clip them to perfection. Be careful
not to clip them too short- you don’t want any ingrowns!
2. File the edges to make sure you
didn’t miss anything.
3. If your cuticles are growing over
your nail, make sure to push them back and snip them with cuticle cutters.
4. Use a buffer to smoothe the tops
of your nails and the soles of your feet.
Beauty Pedicure Kit, $7,
your feet with lotion is super important so your skin stays moisturized. Ahh.
1. Apply lotion to your feet.
2. Hold your foot in one hand and
your ankle in the other and move your foot around. This will loosen your ankle.
3. Start at your ankle and go down to
your toes making a circular motion with your thumbs.
4. Make a fist to knead the sole and
pads of the bottom of your foot.
5. Don’t forget to rub your toes!
Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion,
part you have been waiting for has finally come! Your feet will be flawless.
1. Choose your hue. Something neutral
will hide chips, but something bright is oh-so fun for summer.
2. Start with one coat on each toe.
3. Add a second coat.
4. Wait for them to dry a bit and
then top them off with an overcoat.
Butter London Cake Hole Nail
Polish, $15, butterlondon.com
Which color are you wearing on your toes this summer? Blog about it, babes.
Love this post? You'll heart these too...
BY ELIZABETH KUNTZ ON 5/13/2013 12:00:00 AM
POSTED IN beauty, how to, tips, skin, nails, summer, best products, saver, diy mani, In the mag, June/July 2013, pamper perfection