It might be a few more weeks 'til it's officially summer, but we're ready for our fun in the sun now! First on our list? Planning a unique summer date. Here are
some cool ideas that will make a fun date for both you and your man, that
neither of you will forget. Just remember the sunscreen and bug spray!
1. Go for a hike or bike ride. If you’re an outdoorsy gal, this
date is totally for you. The two of you will be able to be adventurous and have
plenty of time to talk along the way.
2. Pack some food and a blanket to have a picnic dinner (even
if it’s in your own backyard)! The cool summer night air will be refreshing
after a day out in the sun. You can make your fave dessert and you can end the
date by looking at stars. Sigh, how romantic!
3. Head to a local fair. There are plenty of fun festivals and
fairs in the summer, try checking those out with your man. All you have to do
is check a local newspaper for listings of cool events in your area.
4. Lions and tigers and bears, oh my! Take a trip to the zoo. This
may be a blast from the past, but who doesn’t love looking at all of the cool animals?
5. Be a tourist in your own town, this may sound strange but it
will give you a totally new perspective on where you live. You can go site
seeing and visit all the places that make your area unique, things that
normally only visitors would do! And if you’d like, it’s a great excuse to take
pictures with your cutie.
6. If you wanna make a splash and cool off with your man, go to
a water park.
7. Root, root, root for the home team and go to a baseball game.
If you cheer for the same team, you will bond over that…But if you don’t, make
a bet on the game—loser has sing take me out to the ball game or pay for ice
8. If you and your man are do-gooders, why not raise some money
for charity? You can have a bake sale or garage sale and donate the money you earn
to the cause of your choice. You will be doing a good deed and hanging out with
your man in the process.
9. There are loads of outdoor concerts in the summer. If you
want to get some cheap tix, check out when some local bands are playing. This
is a great date that can be super inexpensive and entertaining.
10. Get in touch with your playful side and go to your favorite
11. Cool off with a water gun fight. Boys love a challenge and
this is one that will be fun for the both of you.
12. Bring out your old board games, be a little competitive and
have a game night. To spice things up, make a deal so that the winner gets to
choose your next date.
13. Head down to the river and go tubing. Floating down a river
is a relaxing way to stay cool with your hottie this summer.
14. I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream, so why
not make some of your own? Make some homemade ice cream with your man. But if
you don’t feel like doing it yourself, you can always go out and buy a cone
15. Play a round of mini golf. This is a fun activity that can
be as competitive as you’d like.
16. Watch a movie under the stars, set up a blanket or some lawn
chairs, bring a laptop outside, and pop in your favorite flick. Don’t forget
Love this post? You'll heart these too...
BY CAROLINE MACLURE ON 5/19/2013 12:00:00 AM
POSTED IN summer, guys, dating advice, GL's best guy advice, boyfriend Q & A, weekend fun, date, summer